Various microneedling devices are available, and they are not all the same! If you are looking for a microneedling treatment to refresh your overall facial appearance, one of the most important things to check is the type of device being used. The SkinPen is the only microneedling device classified as a C.E Class 1 medical device in the UK. Also, the SkinPen is manufactured in the USA and is the first microneedling device to receive FDA clearance.
Why choose Microneedling treatment with the Skinpen?
- Single-use, sterile needle cartridge to prevent cross-contamination
- Clinically proven to be safe for all skin tones
- Stimulates production of collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid
- Lifts and plumps skin
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Treats sun damage
- Reduces pore size
- Smooths acne scars
- Evens out pigmentation
- Improves skin texture.
Treatment time: 30-60 minutes.
Downtime: skin redness for around 48 hours.
Radiofrequency Skin Tightening
If you prefer to avoid needles, this treatment might be for you! Clinically proven and FDA cleared, radiofrequency skin tightening treatment is painless and uses radio waves to gently heat the dermis (deeper layers of tissue below the skin surface). The heat stimulates collagen production and cell regeneration.
This treatment provides instant and visible chin tightening and lifting — skin tone and elasticity will continue to improve over the following months.
Why Choose a Radiofrequency Facelift?
- Immediate effects
- Used since 2011
- Triggers collagen production
- Increases levels of hyaluronic acid
- Lifts and tightens skin
- Improves facial contours
- Smooths out fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduces effects of sun damage.
Treatment time: 30-60 minutes.
Downtime: minor skin redness, which may last up to 24 hours.
There are so many facials available that it can be overwhelming and difficult to know the best treatment for anti-ageing skin. Can a facial make a difference? The answer is a big fat yes! Facials allow for the deeper penetration and infusion of clinically proven ingredients. So what are the ingredients that help the skin stay hydrated, reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin tone and boost collagen?
- Hyaluronic acid is essential for the skin to retain moisture and is naturally produced by the body.
- Retinol has been used for over 40 years and is also known as Vitamin A. Don’t underestimate how powerful this ingredient is!
- Vitamin C is a collagen booster and provides a barrier against pollutants and anti radicals that contribute to skin ageing.
Top Celebrity Facials
We can’t all be celebrities, but we can certainly follow their beauty routines for celebrity skin. Is it time for a facial?
The Red Carpet Facial
The Red Carpet Facial is one of the most popular facials among celebrities for good reason. This is considered one of the best, if not the best, facial for anti-ageing. With a combination of individual treatments to reduce fine lines and wrinkles, leaving skin smoother, plumper, and tighter, the red carpet facial really can make you look fresher instantly!
How does the Red Carpet Facial work?
- A deep exfoliation peel is applied, containing enzymes to gently but effectively banish dead skin cells. This brightens skin and encourages skin cell regeneration.
- Radiofrequency treatment is then used to tighten skin and define facial contours immediately.
Have you recently looked at yourself on a webcam and thought you look older than you want to? You’re not alone. The “zoom boom” has meant that many people look at themselves on webcams with extra scrutiny. Although ageing may not always be the primary concern, everyone wants to look well-rested and fresh. Wrinkles, sagging jowls and dull skin can all contribute to how you are perceived, especially when your face and neck is the main focus during virtual meetings!
Botox and dermal fillers might be the quickest way to smooth out wrinkles, add volume and contour the face, but they have serious associated risks and complications. These include necrosis (death of cells) which causes the skin to “rot” away, granulomas, which are small lumps of filler that can cause bumps under the skin and permanent nerve damage, to name a few.
Advancements in treatments such as radiofrequency have changed what was ever previously thought possible. More than ever, going under the knife may not be needed to achieve a rejuvenated and more youthful appearance. Let’s take a closer look at non-surgical treatments and how they work to reduce wrinkles, smooth deep creases, improve skin tone and define facial contours.
Microneedling Treatment for Lifted, Tighter, Smoother Skin
Microneedling treatment is a clinically proven skin tightening treatment with incredible, long-lasting results and almost no downtime or risks. It is not surprising this has become such a popular treatment. Microneedling devices work by penetrating the skin to trigger micro-injuries, stimulating cell rejuvenation to remodel the skin structure effectively.
This process has three stages:
- Inflammation — when the needle punctures the skin, blood flow is stimulated, and new cells form.
- Proliferation — the micro-wounds repair with new cells, and new blood vessels develop.
- Remodelling — the wound is healed with the new cells and blood vessels, effectively creating “new” skin.
- The next stage is an application of a face mask which is high in concentrated hyaluronic acid, to increase moisture retention for plumper looking skin.
- The final stage is a facial massage with a peptide serum to stimulate blood flow and leave skin looking brighter.
The HYDR02 Facial
This facial is loved by Kate Winslet and is a Bazaar beauty team recommended facial. With a combination of seven treatments, this facial uses the latest technology and provides (in our opinion) results that are almost equivalent to treatment with botox and fillers.
How does the HYDR02 Facial work?
- The facial starts with a Hydro Peel that uses Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) to deeply cleanse and hydrate for brighter, smoother skin.
- Exfoliation with active ingredients, Kojic Acid and Retinol remove dead skin cells and increase collagen production to smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
- The effect of oxygenation is then created with a patented spray to help skin cells retain more moisture for plumper, more youthful-looking skin.
- Electroporation uses an electrical pulse to increase cell membrane absorption. This allows products to work better by penetrating the deeper layers of the dermis.
- Collagen production is then given an extra boost with radio-frequency, which helps to tighten and lift skin.
- Ultrasound is then combined with a hydrating mask, which helps to smooth fine lines and wrinkles.
- The next step is often called the Fire and Ice facial and can also be done as a completely separate facial. Using an advanced applicator, the therapist applies heat, which stimulates blood supply and opens pores, to further increase product absorption. Cryotherapy is then used to reduce inflammation, close pores and lift and tighten skin.
Now let’s be honest, non-surgical treatments will not deliver the dramatic results you can achieve with a surgical facelift. With that in mind, skin tone, texture and “plumpness” can undoubtedly be improved by non-invasive treatments.
Feeling inspired, but not sure which treatment is right for you? Our Skin Club membership includes in-depth skin consultations. We recommend the best treatments for your concerns, and you receive a range of monthly treatments at a significantly reduced cost.
Alternatively, please feel free to call our friendly team on 01522 523777.